Dove the Teti and the Arches Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gstroupe

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All! Well, this was my first boat dive in RI and chose the Teti charter out of Newport Diving Center. I had 2 very nice dives. The first was the Teti wreck off the coast of Newport. I got down to about 91 feet (can go deeper) but was diving HP 72's and did not want to waste all my air. I chose not to penatrate either as the visibility was not all that great...next time. A couple of the guys on the charter went inside and saw the skeleton (someone put a doctors skeleton inside the wheel house) and they were pretty stoked. This dive convinced me of several things...first, I need a dry suit! Second, I think I'll dive Nitrox next time to extend my time a bit.

The second dive site was the arches...for those of you who have not had a chance to dive here I suggest it HIGHLY! It was awesome! The arches themselves are cool but there is so much life around the rocks...I was amazed! Saw a Stripper that was clearly legal and many Tatoug (sp?) that were very large. I tried to grab a couple of bugs but they seemed pretty content to stay where they were so no nice lobster dinner for me :( .

The boat was a bit small but Newport Dive Center is careful to only put 4 divers on board so it was managable. All in all I am very pleased with my day of diving and can't wait to get back in the water!

cool
i like the teti
its a small wreck, but makes for a great training wreck due to how clean it is of entanglements.
that skelliton was in there last year too
i thought that was funny first time i saw it
i havent been on it yet this year.
is there a buoy on it or did the boat crew have to hook it?

GS-

Good diving with you this weekend! I finally took off my drysuit and took the long ride home! I haven't heard anything about the next quarry weekend yet, but you have to come to the next one! It's a lot of fun! Keep an eye out for a new thread...

Diesel298:
cool
i like the teti
its a small wreck, but makes for a great training wreck due to how clean it is of entanglements.

Hey Diesel,
I will check with the DM and find out about the buoy and get back to you on that.

Diesel298:
cool
i like the teti

The buoy was MIA so we had to hook onto the wreck...only took 2 passes, pretty good navigating!

gstroupe:
Saw a Stripper that was clearly legal

Really? I know water in Rhode Island is relatively warm, but I'd think it is way too cold for that!

gstroupe:
The buoy was MIA so we had to hook onto the wreck...only took 2 passes, pretty good navigating!
Loyd is the man when it comes to finding the wrecks.
Thanks for the info.
I will make sure the DM has a buoy line next trip out so we can get it marked.

He may have meant "striper" but I'm really liking this "stripper" idea...I can see it now, a CLEAR drysuit...does anyone have Dick Long's direct line?

JimJam:
He may have meant "striper" but I'm really liking this "stripper" idea...I can see it now, a CLEAR drysuit...does anyone have Dick Long's direct line?
hmmm a drysuit that is like wonder woman's invisible airplane interesting concept. just have to be careful where you put it down between dives...you may never find it again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom