DOXA diving watches and DOXA watch book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassyknoll
Oh yeah, one other quibble with the seiko OM. I wear it on my left wrist and the protuding stem and guard have given me this really nasty callous on the top of my hand where it rests. No other watch i've owned has ever done that.

I'm with you on that one. It was the reason I sold my OM. The crown just dug into me too much.

Yeah, but if I gave up the OM I would have to pack a considerable amount more lead to descend.

I don't own a DOXA ..... I still think the best diving watch out there is a ROLEX SUBMAIRNER ..... the most copied dive watch of all time ..... even James Bond (Sean Connery) wore one .

But Cousteau wore a DOXA and the DOXA Sub has it's own unique styling and has the real deco tables on the bezel. N

If it is a real OM the stem/crown should be at the 5 o'clock position and not the 3 o'clock, JFYI.

??? Hmmmmmm, mine (model no. SKX781) is at the 4 o'clock position, 5 o' clock would put the stem inside the band.

You know what I am saying--that it is not at the 3 position as are most watches and including several models of Seiko watches with orange faces. I posted a link earlier to a web test of the OM. I actually wish mine were the black model, the orange one get's to much attention. I have had more stares, more compliments and more questions about that huge, ugly orange watch than any other watch I have ever owned and surprisingly from time to time people recognize it as a OM and say something like--"cool, an Orange Monster" etc.

My favoriite was a pre Tag yellow/green face Heuer Professional auto winder. May it rest in peace, a wedding gift replaced on our 25th with the DOXA SharkHunter, blackface.

N

But did Cousteau get his free for being the head of U.S. DIVERS ....... I would really think twice before spending several thousand dollars on a watch ..... ofcourse I'm the guy who just spent a "load" of money to buy a Corvette off ebay 3 weeks ago .... Wife thinks I'm cazy for spending $xx,xxx.00 without driving it ..... (if guess it's a guy thing .... crazy for cars that is)

But did Cousteau get his free for being the head of U.S. DIVERS ....... I would really think twice before spending several thousand dollars on a watch ..... ofcourse I'm the guy who just spent a "load" of money to buy a Corvette off ebay 3 weeks ago .... Wife thinks I'm cazy for spending $xx,xxx.00 without driving it ..... (if guess it's a guy thing .... crazy for cars that is)
Yes, but my Rolex has lasted longer than any car I've ever owned. Good luck with the 'vette though--I'm a little jealous of that one.

Yes, but my Rolex has lasted longer than any car I've ever owned. Good luck with the 'vette though--I'm a little jealous of that one.

When I graduated college back in the 70's I wanted 3 things ........ a Rolex watch, a 7ft pool table and a Corvette ..... 30 years later I finally have all three ! (had a couple of different wifes in that time also but that's a different story)

Back
Top Bottom