DOXA diving watches and DOXA watch book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am with you DA, the Oranage Monster has become my choice as well and Sam, trust me, if the DOXA were to ever get into a scrap with the Monster, I fear the Monster would open up a can of wup----on the DOXA. An example is the rather dainty pins on the DOXA compared to the easy access brutes on the Monster which are far more heavy duty. N

Chaps, I did a comparison of the first Doxa SUB reissue and the Seiko Orange monster when it (Doxa) came out. Check the reviews section of

DOXA SUB 300T

Also Doxa will be releasing a "Super SUB" very shortly. I don't have all the details but have seen (and will be receiving) the prototype next week.....whoooowhoooooo:14: The New SUB will have screwed bracelet to case, ratcheting expansion clasp, a helium Release valve (rumoured :wink:) and be a big highly luminous sucker. I think it will be kicking **** and taking names very shortly.

Here are the released details so far.

The Super Sub - Watchuseek Watch Forums

Pete

Oh I forgot.

Shipwreck Central - Watch the best underwater video online. Shipwrecks, & more

has a competition to win 2 Doxa books running to the end of the month. The books are the only 2 that have been signed by Mike Fletcher and me. Rare or what? Lots of dosh on ebay...... The competition is easy. One question (answer is #1):crafty:. There is even a video of me introducing the competition. Click on the link on the Broadband TV section with the big Orange Doxa book. If the video of my ugly mug doesn't scare you away then nothing you ever see diving will cause you any alarm :D

Pete

Interesting about the DOXA, never even heard of em before.
As for the Orange Monster, I have had my Seiko OM for just about a year now. I like it but find that if I let it sit in a drawer over the weekend it'll lose juice and need resetting. It is a big, bad chunk of orange though and I'm quite fond of it. That said, I usually dive with a Casio G-shock instead. Man, I don't know if anyone still has one of the first gen G-shocks, but I remember when I got my first one (1986 I think), me and a buddy took turns throwing it at a metal exterior door to see just how tough it really was. Throwing it as hard as we could we were able to but an octogonal indentantion of the watches' face imprinted into the door, but the watch still worked just fine. A few years back, I tried showing a friend the virtues of the G-shock by reenacting the manuever, my watch lasted one throw:(.......guess they don't make the new Gs like the old.

Almost all auto winders including my DOXA and my Seiko will wind down over a weekend if not worn.

I like the DOXA but they should be a little more "tough" to begin with. I worry about using it for diving because I think the pins will snap out. Every DOXA I have seen which is only a few has had relatively small pins. It is a flaw in an otherwise wonderfull watch.

N

Almost all auto winders including my DOXA and my Seiko will wind down over a weekend if not worn.

Funny thing is, I have an old Gruen from the 50s-60s era, it seems to last much longer than any other auto winder I have. I'm sure some engineer-watch-techie could give me some insight, but then again I have too short an attention span for anyone to waste that kind of time on.

Oh yeah, one other quibble with the seiko OM. I wear it on my left wrist and the protuding stem and guard have given me this really nasty callous on the top of my hand where it rests. No other watch i've owned has ever done that.

If it is a real OM the stem/crown should be at the 5 o'clock position and not the 3 o'clock, JFYI.

Seiko does have several watches with orange faces but not all are THE "Orange Monster."

N

If it is a real OM the stem/crown should be at the 5 o'clock position and not the 3 o'clock, JFYI.

??? Hmmmmmm, mine (model no. SKX781) is at the 4 o'clock position, 5 o' clock would put the stem inside the band.

Oh yeah, one other quibble with the seiko OM. I wear it on my left wrist and the protuding stem and guard have given me this really nasty callous on the top of my hand where it rests. No other watch i've owned has ever done that.

I'm with you on that one. It was the reason I sold my OM. The crown just dug into me too much.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom