DPV Scootering in Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

extreme

Reaction score
I was wondering how many Ontario divers out there own a DPV and if so what types? Please include any feedback about your sled and pictures if possible.

I've been using scooters for 13 years and personally to date own five scooters. I have three Farallon MK 8's and one MK 7. I also own one Gavin. I use my Mk 8's on dives that are very long and do not require complicated deco stops in areas were you have to hang, as the MK 8"s are long and heavy. The Gavin is used on deep dives were deco stops on out croppings and heavy currents are a must, for Example the Joydrey. I prefure to dive my MK 8's because of there exstremely long range burn time and excellent and reliable electronics, plus a very strong motor. 13 years and No problems with my Farallons. I like my Gavin because of its incredible buoyancy very light and easily clipped of while standing at deco stops. I must say thou that in the four years of owning my Gavin the motor has failed twice once only three months from new and one plastic weld cracked, but things like that happen when you are running these scooters at deep depths and at times in not so freindly environments. Years back I did have a AquaZepp than ran like a Rolles Royce but parts became hard to get a hold of so I sold it off. Photo attached.

Amobeus

oooooh
aaaaaah

VERY nice!

Hmm...Seems a high percentage of "filler" words in that post SM.

Might want to knock a post or two off your total for that effort. Maybe you can flash your scuba badge at yourself and write yourself a summons while you're at it.

Of course, there's snow there now, so that pic must have been taken months ago, lol!

Hello

Your both on the right track, it is Big bay point and the photo was taken only one month ago.

Amobeus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom