Dragon AT Mares grommets???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoranb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Mares website states that the Dragon AT has knife grommets for attaching the Mares Force knife.

Dragon AT - B.C.D.s AT - Mares - just add water
The 7th icon says:
"Grommets for easily attaching the Mares Force knife collection. The grommets are located in the most convenient area of the BC, so your knife is always accessible when you need it."

However, as hard as I try to find them... I can't. There's no mention of them in the manual, so is it a typo, or has the feature been removed during production?

Thanks!

G

Hi Zoran,

I have one of the Dargon AT BCD and I can confirm with you that there are no such grommets to mount your full sized knife.

The only usable hole is the one where your alternate inflation hose comes out from.
I would recommend getting a smaller knife like the Underwater Kinetics Remora Titanium Compact "BC Knife"

Underwater Kinetics Remora Titanium Compact "BC Knife"

You can mount it on one of your hose or as i'm made to understand one of your straps.
I've already ordered mine and will update you when it arrives this week.

Happy Diving!

oooo and one more thing.. the Mares website shows the Dragon AT BCD as having 2 manual release valves (One at the top and the other at the bottom). Mine came with only one on the top.

It seems that the original model had 2 manual releases top and bottom, but the production model has only one (top right).

Does anyone have pics of the actual grommets that are on the knife? I have a Icon and was looking for a way to attach my Fogcutter.

The Mares website states that the Dragon AT has knife grommets for attaching the Mares Force knife.

The 7th icon says:
"Grommets for easily attaching the Mares Force knife collection. The grommets are located in the most convenient area of the BC, so your knife is always accessible when you need it."

However, as hard as I try to find them... I can't. There's no mention of them in the manual, so is it a typo, or has the feature been removed during production?

Thanks!

G

I don't have the Dragon but on the Pegasus the grommets are obvious, two 1/2" or so plastic grommet like those found on a tarpaulin along the top of the left-hand weight pocket. Screws supplied with the Force Knives secure the sheath to the BC
But the knives have gotten some bad review here and on the liesure Pro web site for falling off.

The 7th icon says:

Thanks!

G
Hello. I got a mares dragon bcd with the knife attachment above the left pocket.

I have a DragonAT with holes for knife mounting on the right side just over the pocket. I don't have a Mares knife, so I had to use zipties in order to attach the knife holster, but it didn't cause any problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom