Mares XR inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM.

New
Reaction score
Just got my Mares XR jacket back from service (a certified service center) - but I see that the bladder isn't holding the air when I fill it by lung and mouth. The air is leaking through the medium pressure connection.
Pushing / wiggling the inflate button with very gentle force to the side stops the leakage and makes it air tight. Or pushing / wiggling it again can start the leakage again.

So I just unscrewed the inflate button to have a look inside, but everything looked well. The only surprising bit for me was that when I opened the inflate button mechanic itself and removed the spring I could very easily slide the button in and out. Just like when the two O-rings could have been a little bit too small.

Who has experience with the service of the Mares XR inflators?
Could it be that there are different versions and that the service kit that was used (47201350) was the wrong one?
Or is this actually a normal behavior that doesn't matter as once the medium pressure is applied the pressure difference will seal the O-rings?

And, bonus question: is the repair manual of the XR inflator available somewhere? The great collection of @lowwall doesn't contain it.

PS: As I'm leaving for a dive trip soon I can't bring the jacket back for a check. So I have to help myself (if necessary and possible).

Here's the schematic.

XR_inflator_2k20_schematic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom