DRAK download problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueDevil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Problem 1:

I have successfully used DRAK to download data on my desktop PC but recently installed the software on my laptop but can't download.

When I connect the Puck wrist computer to my laptop I get a message that says:

DRAK Error: Serial port 4 is not a valid port

Any solutions to this? Using different USB ports makes no difference. I really want to be able to download while on an overseas trip in a couple of weeks time.

Problem 2:
When I add weight data in data mode I find that after shutting the computer down and re-opening the software that the weights I have added have disappeared. All other data is still there (eg dive location, buddy etc).

I have the software version 1.1.0 as supplied with the Puck. I notice on the Mares website there is a 1.4.0.1 version available for download. Should I download this version and will it help with either of my problems?

Thanks!

PS The Puck is an awesome computer. I bought one for my daughter and after trying hers I soon decided to 'pension off' my M1 RGBM and get a Puck for myself!!

Okay..I just downloaded the new DRAK version and installed it on my laptop. It is now working fine and I have successfully downloaded my dives! Now I am happy!

Will now install it on my desktop and see if it fixes the problem of the disappearing weight data.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom