Drak instructions beyond install and download???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olphart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This may expose me as a dimwit, but I can't seem to find an instruction manual for actually using the Drak. :dork2:
Yes there is a manual that tells you how to install it and how to download the info to the PC, but beyond that, nothing.
I realize that it's pretty simple to use, but for instance, having to go to tech support to find out that certain features are disabled for the Wide? And it may seem obvious to some, but what is the purpose of the "data" mode versus the "simulator" mode, versus the "profile" mode and how can I use the features? I'm finding it pretty limited in its usefulness, simply because I feel that I'm not understanding the features that are available.
Every other piece of software I have run into has a manual is pretty specific, and sometimes downright annoyingly complete with instructions.
I can only assume that there is a more complete manual out there somewhere, and I just haven't found it. It's not in the package, or on the disc, so where is it, or is it?

Hmmm no one knows? I guess that means that there aren't any instructions. In that case I can't recommend the Drak interface. Pretty much a waste of money. I can copy the info into my logbook just as easily by hand. I certainly can't see any advantage to this gadget.:thinking:

for what its worth i have a suunto cobra 3 the software for it is just as useless. the drak is pretty simple i have a nemo air so it is a little diffrent than the wide for instance in the data mode under the tank tab it gives start and final tank pressure. the simulate mode i am yet to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom