Drifting diver rescued

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All I gather from the article is a diver was separated from a boat and around the same time the two men rescued him a lost diver call was received by the Coast Guard. That's about it. Typical poor journalism.

If I had to guess, and judging by the pictures, there were at least two men on the dive boat. They were either both diving an unoccupied boat, or solo diving. One man got separated from the boat and the two off duty officers rescued him and brought him back to the boat. The other guy on the dive boat called the Coast Guard.

From the pictures we see three men and one woman (possibly more or they took turns taking pictures). The one on the dive boat appears to belong to the dive boat and the guy in the black hoodie appears to have a dive computer or compass on his wrist possibly indicating he was the one rescued and transferring his gear back to the dive boat. There are two different sets of fins on the boat. So at least five people are present in the scene of the photographs. Two of them have their faces blacked out and so it's probably a safe bet that the two with the blacked out face belong to the dive boat.

Takeaway is to wave your arms a lot when u see a boat!
My takeaway is to carry my Nautilus Lifeline (older version with VHF), DSMB and SMB and signal mirror. PLB would also be a great addition...

Back
Top Bottom