drilled holes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver567

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the dive-rite DIN valves have a drilled hole in their side just at the base of the thread?

I don't know the exact answer, but I know when I get SS din plugs stuck in my valve because some bozo decided to hold onto my knobs while the boat was rocking, I only have to wrench the thing a few turns before the pressure pushing on the bolt blows out the little hole. :wink:

It could serve the same purpose as the relief hole in my compressor filters. If my filter is not firmly engaged (exposing the hole) the filter canister will not pressurize.

I have also used a "DIN to yoke" adapter with a hole at the base of the threads which guaranteed you could not fill a tank without the adapter firmly screwed in to the valve.

Oh wait. All my valves that have it are 300 bar valves. I don't have it on my low pressure valves. If you have a low pressure reg and try and screw it into a high pressure valve, that hole will prevent the low pressure reg from sealing [since the low pressure din screws are shorter].

It's also a leak check port. It allows easy monitoring of the O-ring seal. Bubbles from here mean it's time to change the ring.

It's a common feature on HP tube and industrial fittings. It takes all the "fuzzy" out of leak checking. A small leak may be missed if checking the thread surface, not so if the check is done on the bleed port.

FT

Thank you guys. I appreciate the information.

I just finished reading a thread on another page called "smelly bootie", that got a little out of hand.

I am VERY glad that this thread didnt get hijacked the same way.

:eek:fftopic:
cancun mark:
I just finished reading a thread on another page called "smelly bootie", that got a little out of hand.

I am VERY glad that this thread didnt get hijacked the same way.
Isn't the internal logic of your post inconsistent?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom