DRIS pop up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go to settings, safari, advanced , turn off JavaScript.

Will turning off JavaScript cause unwanted consequences?

Did some research...looks like some stuff won't work without JavaScript, or won't work as well...YouTube, Netflix, etc.

The problem is not the run-of-the-mill pop up ad. When you are going between pages on SB, it redirects you to the page @buddhasummer posted in the first post. So instead of going to the page you clicked on, you go to that annoying page. And you can't get out of it.

Last edited:
Will turning off JavaScript cause unwanted consequences?

Did some research...looks like some stuff won't work without JavaScript, or won't work as well...YouTube, Netflix, etc.

The problem is not the run-of-the-mill pop up ad. When you are going between pages on SB, it redirects you to the page @buddhasummer posted in the first post. So instead of going to the page you clicked on, you go to that annoying page. And you can't get out of it.
I also posted about this same ad, and another Scuba dude gave me the clue to turn off JavaScript for a while. Yes it stops Facebook, etc., but you don’t have to re-enter passcodes. I had to turn JavaScript on and off, but eventually the pop up stopped altogether. Here is the other thread.
Pernicious Pop up ad Pests

Last edited:
Guy's we had this AD made by a reputable developer. They are looking into it as quickly as possible.

Just know we would NEVER try to get popups on your screen, or have any type of annoyance for your experience!

Happy to report Mike (DRIS) is now looking into it. Thanks DRIS.

Pipped at the post.

Back on my good list.

The issue seems to have been fixed 4 hours ago. Can anyone test, and let me know? If the issue still persists, we will be replacing the banner.

Thanks again Buddhasummer for emailing me to let me know about this issue. I wish someone would have clued me in sooner, but we instantly worked to resolve the issue once we heard about it.

The issue seems to have been fixed 4 hours ago. Can anyone test, and let me know? If the issue still persists, we will be replacing the banner.

Thanks again Buddhasummer for emailing me to let me know about this issue. I wish someone would have clued me in sooner, but we instantly worked to resolve the issue once we heard about it.
I haven't had any issues with the DRIS ads today, but I had a lot the prior week. I hope it's been fixed. Thank you.

Still happening

Back
Top Bottom