Drive from Cabo Pulmo to La Paz - max altitude high enough to impact dive planning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elgoog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all -

We're planning a trip to Baja for later this year and were going to do a few days diving in Cabo Pulmo and La Paz. We're thinking about 2-3 days in each of those places.
For the drive from Cabo Pulmo to La Paz, what's the maximum elevation that is reached? Is it high enough to impact dive planning on that day or the previous day and to leave 18-24hr before making this journey? When we make this drive, we will have been in Cabo Pulmo at least 2 days with 2-3 dives on each day.
I checked Google Maps terrain and it looks like there are a couple of hill passes on the main route up to La Paz but I wasn't able to tell how high they were.

Any info or experiences with this are appreciated. Thanks in advance,
elgoog

Mountain goes up to 500 m. but the road just goes up to 250 m.
I'll do it.
Thanks for the info. I found a topo map that showed the highest elevation as 600m but wasn't clear in that how high the road was. We are going to do 3 days of repititive diving in Cabo Pulmo before the drive and another 2-3 days of diving in La Paz after, so I might play it safe and skip the afternoon and night dives the day before the drive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom