driving to Nucove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwpw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Heading back to bonaire in June and I'm trying to find out if you can drive around the oilfield to Nucove beach?/
I looked on the maps online and they call the road a "cycle road". But people have said they have done it.
Thanks
Paul
-28 days!!!

I have driven to Nucove about two years ago, so I can definitely say it is possible. However, the road was a dirt-road in horrible state. There is also very little traffic going through there. For those reasons, I would recommend you going there in a group with at least two cars, so you don't get stranded without help in case one of the cars break.

Make sure you have a good spare & jack. It would be a long lonely walk for assistance.

The dive was totally worth it. Rough entry, there's a chunk of my leg out there somewhere!!

We generally spend at least one morning up in this area diving when on the island. Load up the truck and go easy as the road is a bit of an adventure but a better option then going to the north end of the park. Leave that for a 3 tank boat dive day.

It's really no big deal as long as you take it really slow on the dicey parts. If you don't have a a copy of Bonaire shore diving made easy I have a used copy. PM me if you are interested.

I was at Nucove September last year. The roads weren't terribly bad. Nothing to be wary of, you just have to watch your speed.

"drive north, go around the refinery, drive north some more".

I've spent a lot of time in PA - the road to Nukove won't phase you. Do take a tire inflater with you though, just in case. It's probably a little longer of a drive than you think but it's well marked, so if you don't see the sign you probably haven't gotten to it yet. Shore Diving Site Picture for: Nukove of Bonaire North, ABC Islands

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom