Dry Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XS scuba has a good looking line of dry bags. I have one in the store that is like a small backpack but is a really good dive bag. They also have some other dry bags like log book bags and stuff like that. Your local shop should be able to let you look at them.

Brent

You are traveling there by air? If so space and weight are an issue unless you like paying extra baggage fees. I don't.

After some experimentation I settled on one that is cheap, light and effective. It is a mesh laundry bag with a plastic trash compacter bag inside. Another advantage is that no one wants to be caught dead next to it so they leave my stuff alone:)

Plus, it gives me someplace to put my still wet stuff on the way home.

In the camping section. And, as I recall, I think there are two sizes of bags. I think they are sold under the Ozark Trail aka Walmart brand. Seems like a decent bag for the money.

Akona makes a nice dry bag HERE

These sell mostly for $50 in shops, and even online, but JoeDiver seems to have a great price. I got mine for nothing, sometimes things work out, but mine does not have the fancy shoulder strap. This bag holds my DSLR (if I want to bring a topside camera), and a towel, pullover, shirt, shorts. It's fairly roomy!

I'd pay $30 for one... $50, likely not. A couple gallon zip locks can work just as well, but it depends on what you want to keep dry! :D I have found the *dry* pocket in my otherwise outstanding Akona dive bag is far from DRY! :11:

FWIW: Just came across a bunch of dry bags on sale on the Sierratradingpost.com site. The brand is Pacific Outdoor. I'm ordering the 25 liter ($12.55). Can't vouch for the quality but this site is easy about returns if you don't like the product.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I really appreciate it. I am looking hard at the Boat Tote from Travel Oasis. It's kinda expensive,but looks to be what I am looking for. Thanks again.

Rex

I have hauled my gear on a cruise using an Armor Dry Backpack. I did 3 dives - Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Belize. Also took it on a trip to USVI last summer. Bag is durable and comfortable. I probably overloaded it, but it held up great. I got it from eBestSource

Back
Top Bottom