Dry Mouth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helliott

Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting back into diving after a 20+ year dry spell. I'll be 68 in September and I find that after about 30 minutes of breathing compressed air, my mouth gets dryer than I rmembered -- probably related to being 20 years older. It's bearable, but uncomfortable.

I've seen several adds for the Apollo Bio-Filter and would be interested in opinions from anyone who has used one.

www.apollosportsusa.com is their website, if you're interested.

I think the Sherwood Oasis advertises that it retains the moisture of your exhaled breaths. I've never tried one though.

Glad to see you returned to this wonderful sport...

I haven't used the apollo thingy so I can't give you advise on it.

I dive a Sherwood Blizzard and it has "heat retention fins". What they do is collect exhaled moisture and when you inhale, you get it back...this produces enough moisture that during an hour dive, you will have to spit or swallow the colledted moisture...

my two cents...

If you need/want more info, you can PM me and I will try to help as much as I can...even with pricing,...(I sell that stuff in my offtime from the FD)

Chuck

Had about nine dives with my Sherwood Oasis. Did not feel the dryness in the mouth as i would normally feel when i dived with the SP R190. Think it was the moisture rentention fins in the second stage that did the trick. Juz my experience.

Low tech way........

We have natural a cough losenger ( looks like rat turds ) called " somthing somthing Haaah something ). ( really helpfull heh ). I put it under my tongue or between my lip and teeth, and it makes you salivate more, and gives or a really yummy taste .

No dry mouth, and no need for high tech solutions to low tech problem ! Just make sure you dont choke on them !:eek:ut:

but a lot of times I'll dive with a lemon drop, jolly rancher, or other hard candy in my cheek for just this purpose. Makes a world of difference.

For those worried about choking on it during the dive, some of my buddies will spit it out right before we head down.

Back
Top Bottom