Dry suit boots/booties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h2ogypsy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello fellow divers,

I have recently dusted off my drysuit (Whites Catalyst 360). I used to use it mainly for shallower (35') swift water river diving. Now I am in quarries and the ocean more often (all winter long) and I have found that the boots that came with it (Evo 3) and the fins I had to purchase to fit the boots into, do not work for the type of diving I do now. I cannot do any other kick effectively besides a frog kick (and similiar). I also have a lot of buoyancy issues with the fin/boot (which I can trim).

I did some experimenting one day and I took the boots off and layered neoprene and wool socks and such and used my normal fins and it was wonderful! Finally a wide range of kicks and comfort! HOWEVER, my drysuit is not protected because I had nothing on the outside of my feet (all of our areas here have rocks, oyster shells, etc.). When I did take different sized booties to wear on the outside of my drysuit (feet) I found I ended up with the same and additional problems, 1) too bouyant, 2) need larger fin, 3) and if wear bootie to fit fins I like, too tight (drysuit material bunches up inside bootie).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a lightweight boot/sock that has a protective tread that I can wear outside my drysuit and not have to change fins? Or is this possible?

Thank you kindly and happy and safe diving to all.

I posted about my similar experiences a while ago.

I have a Catalyst as well and my preference (when I use that suit) is to wear a polypropylene sock inside the suit and the Poseidon One Shoe mentioned in my old thread. Those shoes do not seem to add to the "floatty feet" syndrome that booties that I had worn did.

Does your Catalyst have the thin nylon socks or the more common (on other dry suits at least) neoprene sock?

I posted about my similar experiences a while ago.

I have a Catalyst as well and my preference (when I use that suit) is to wear a polypropylene sock inside the suit and the Poseidon One Shoe mentioned in my old thread. Those shoes do not seem to add to the "floatty feet" syndrome that booties that I had worn did.

Does your Catalyst have the thin nylon socks or the more common (on other dry suits at least) neoprene sock?

Thanks for your reply. Mine have the neoprene socks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom