Dry Suit Boots or Socks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And what would be a good overboot?
Converse Chuck Taylors
M7650_standard.png

It's really a matter of personal preference. I have heard strong arguments on both side of the fence on this. While I do like neoprene socks and overboots and do agree to the comfort, I like to have fewer pieces of the puzzle to lug around which is why I opt for attached boots.

It's really a matter of personal preference. I have heard strong arguments on both side of the fence on this. While I do like neoprene socks and overboots and do agree to the comfort, I like to have fewer pieces of the puzzle to lug around which is why I opt for attached boots.

Put a call into your shop...wanna talk to you about suits

I like my attached boots. I think they're a bit more rugged than the attached socks, but one friend uses rock boots an another uses the sneakers, both with socks. The two drawbacks of the attached boots are:

- They are more difficult to dry after a dive since you can't turn them thoroughly inside-out. (Yeah, it's a dry suit, but everybody sweats.)
- My attached boots have a high instep, so finding fins to fit is more difficult. I've had lusck with Force Fins and Sherwood Fusion fins, both one size larger than what I wear with 7mm wetsuit boots.

I'll be using the DUI rock boots until they wear out, then I think I will go for these.

diveboots.jpg

I did the socks. that way i can wear my boots with a wet suit or dry suit on and only need one set of fins. if you damage the soles of the boots you just replace them and not send the suit in.

Back
Top Bottom