Dry Suit Flooding Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Col.Maniac

Reaction score
HI,Tried my Drysuit in the lake today and haypresto no leaks :)
this time i left my neck seal above my adams apple seemed to do the trick, used the right weights so no overinflating did a good 50 min dive was dry as a bone except a little sweatty, so im a happy chappy :)
Thanks to all for advice on prev post,
Tony :wink:

Glad you got it sorted in the end.

Dom

Hi Thanks,
I finished my rescue course in it too I kept taking the suit on and off during the scenarios made sure it wasent a one off thing :) 110% water tight :) I passed my course too so a double bonus
Tony

Ive yet to experience this mythical "dry as a bone".

I normally settle for "squidgy feet but fairly dry swim short" and class that as good.

Weather prevented diving saturday but even just launching, recovering and driving in the RIB i was soaked from the waist down :(

String once bubbled...
Ive yet to experience this mythical "dry as a bone".

I normally settle for "squidgy feet but fairly dry swim short" and class that as good.

Hi String,
I did have a totally dry suit from lake water just had a very slight damp sweatty feet nothing to camplain about I had 3 witnesses to prove it :) What i mean about dry as a bone is no water ur diving in is entering the suit just maybe your own sweat
Tony

My drysuit keeps me dry except for some condensation if it's really hot out. The only time I've 'leaked' in my Diving Concepts and before that my White's was when I contorted my body and stretched my neck way back to look up at something. Then some water came in at my neck. It's always fun to watch my buddies who dive in DUI's. Do they ever have more than one dry dive in a row?

Paula

Ive got a feeling my suit is leaking from lots of seams and the neck seal.
May treat myself to a new one at novembers dive show as its OK now in 17c water but in 6c water ive got a feeling its going to be cold.

Right now, i definately own a Diamond dampsuit

Are DUI suits leak prone? Does anyone else have experience with this? I haven't heard this before. Please elaborate on the subject especially if anyone has info on why.

String once bubbled...
Ive got a feeling my suit is leaking from lots of seams and the neck seal.
May treat myself to a new one at novembers dive show as its OK now in 17c water but in 6c water ive got a feeling its going to be cold.

Right now, i definately own a Diamond dampsuit

Hi string,
If ur getting a new suit get one which is tapped and glued on both sides of the seam it will be ess likely to leak on a seam.
Or get ur old one patched up :)
Tony

Back
Top Bottom