Dry Suit Flooding Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thing was taped and glued etc. Problem is it was second hand and old before i got it. Also as i was given it i cant really complain as its still a far better idea than a semi-dry in these waters.

Im probably going to go for a northern diver or similar suit and definately a membrane suit, probably codura. Latex seals essential.

I'll see what offers theyve got there. Dont have a massive budget.

HKRacing once bubbled...
Are DUI suits leak prone? Does anyone else have experience with this? I haven't heard this before. Please elaborate on the subject especially if anyone has info on why.

Have two, neithor leak! DUI is using the low profile apex dump valve that if left in the fully open position will seap water in. one or two clicks clock wise during the dive and they are leak free!

Hallmac

Thank You Hallmac...Just can't wait till mine is done. I have heard about the apex valve before and will certainly remember to close the valve 2 clicks to be safe. Must be nice to have two. Which ones do you have?

HKRacing once bubbled...
Thank You Hallmac...Just can't wait till mine is done. I have heard about the apex valve before and will certainly remember to close the valve 2 clicks to be safe. Must be nice to have two. Which ones do you have?

My understanding is that it is the low profile Apex that leaks, and if you are having a custom suit made, DUI will put the high profile (nonleaky) valve in it for you.

I've only recently found this out myself, since I'm investigating before I order my custom TLS350. :wink:

Your results may vary...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom