Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would second the opinions on O-three.

I bought mine and love it. The ability to get it custom fitted (as opposed to a MTM) is a boon IMHO. I bought mine at a dive show they were at with them assessing any adjustments required and then two weeks later it appeared on my door step.

The customer service is second to none IMHO.

@Clayton122 the parts and labor that go into them is quite large, but they're also niche with small volume. That said, they really are that much nicer than diving wet, especially if you are doing cold water diving all the time

Sadly there is nothing BUT cold water diving where I live.

I have been using a 7mm semi dry, and it "gets me by" but after 2 dives im usually pretty miserable. Been looking at dry suits but I just cant seem to afford one at the prices I see them. I have been hoping to find one used for a good deal, but so far none of them I can find would fit me ( im super tall, almost 6'5" ) so finding scuba gear that fits me at all is an issue. let alone used gear.

Sadly there is nothing BUT cold water diving where I live.

I have been using a 7mm semi dry, and it "gets me by" but after 2 dives im usually pretty miserable. Been looking at dry suits but I just cant seem to afford one at the prices I see them. I have been hoping to find one used for a good deal, but so far none of them I can find would fit me ( im super tall, almost 6'5" ) so finding scuba gear that fits me at all is an issue. let alone used gear.

I hear you. Deep Sea Supply long backplates are going to be your friend for bcd's if you don't have one already. At that height, it makes all the difference in the world *I'm 6'4" and it literally changed my ability to dive backmount*

For that and the drysuit, you have thankfully come here where you can be properly educated about what you're investing in instead of being talked into a DUI or Santi and shelling out $3k+ for something that isn't any better than something like an O'Three for $1500

My current setup is is

7mm Pinncale semi dry.
Under that I have a 3/5mm hooded vest,
under/over that I have a layer of Sharkskin.
And I have 5mm semi dry gloves and boots, and sharkskin socks.

It works okay, but I feel like the stay puff marshmallow man.

Diving Membrane Drysuits. Seaskin Nova. - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits,

Fully custom made, I'm 6'5" 250lb, I had mine made with si-tec quick change silicone seals, pocket, zipper cover, warm neck cover, si-tek valves spare seals etc. and it was just about $1100, this was when the exchange rate was a lot higher than it is today. I recently priced out a neoprene suit and it would run less than $700 delivered.

The DSS back plate made bp/w divine work for me too although the plate and hardware are all I use from the complete set I bought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom