Dry Tortugas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got an email from Tampa Adventure Sports Last night.​
Just got off the phone and reserved my spot!​
Anyone else interested?​
Doug/scubacrab​
See details below and call shop for info​
document.jpg;jsessionid=abcqJqhhnwr7z721kHTps
ULTIMATE GETAWAY LIVEABOARD DIVE TRIP
DRY TORTUGAS
OCTOBER 15-18TH, 2009
PHOTO TRIP; NO SHOOTING
COST $835 PER PERSON
UNLIMITED NITROX $40
ALL FOOD, TRIP, DIVING INCLUDED.
HURRY ONLY 4 SPOTS REMAIN.
CALL
TAMPA ADVENTURE SPORTS
813-989-3483

He Doug, How about I break this out into a brand new thread for you? So people will see it is actually on. Let me know.

He Doug, How about I break this out into a brand new thread for you? So people will see it is actually on. Let me know.

Thanks Tracy sounds good to me! I just spoke to Bert at Tampa Adventure Sports there are two spots left at this time. I think the boat carrys 28 divers?

Thanks Tracy sounds good to me! I just spoke to Bert at Tampa Adventure Sports there are two spots left at this time. I think the boat carrys 28 divers?

28 people on that boat? :shocked2:

I think it's the Fling or the Spree that they cram 28 people onto that size boat.

The Ultimate Getaway sleeps 20 people in single bunks. you can get 22 on it if two of the bunks people double up on. (they are very small to double up.) more like a slightly large single. you'd better be ready for "spooning".

28 people on that dive deck would be crowded. I've been on it with 20 and 21 people (divers) and it was tight but ok.

I know someone who was on it for a larger trip (over 22, like 28+) and he said they were tripping over each other.

The Ultimate Getaway is a GREAT trip. lots of great sites and it's a great time.

I like the earlier dates (instead of December) but if I cant spear I will not enjoy it enough.
Maybe next time Doug!

the negative thing about the December dates, besides the weather being cooler, is that the sun goes down earlier.

The colder weather and reduced daylight will lower the number of dives you get in a day. (they don't like to night dive on that boat unless they are tied into a mooring "in the park. can't say I blame them.... trying to chase down 20 divers on a night drive dive would be hetic and could be dangerous).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom