Drygloves to fit small hands - they don't exist so....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... way too big for me. I could make fist and it will go thru the ring
The size of the ring does not make any difference unless it's too SMALL to get your hand into.
Rings bug the heck out of me, I never use them unless diving in contaminated areas. The 3-finger mitts keep me cozy in 28°f water for up to 4 hours and have much better dexterity in a 3-finger vs a 5. (We used to get timed bolting up flanges, that's how I know). :wink:

...suggest ring system with rings smaller...
If the bigger rings are REALLY bothering you & you just HAVE to use a ring system you can go the DIY route. Head to a plumbing shop & find some PVC pipe & make your own.
Stout "rubber bands" can be found at your local vacuum cleaner shop; I use the "Hoover type 16" belts on the Viking rings, though the o-ring style type 48 work well too. You'll need to find a smaller diameter belt, but they shouldn't be hard to select one if they have a few dozen different types hanging on a display board.

barb:
.... I've started considering how to make my own from a pair of gloves that do fit me.
I saw some gloves meant for gardening at C-Tire that were fabric dipped in some kind of latex or rubber to make them water-proof.
Does anyone know where I could buy a product like this so I could make my own (I'd install a latex cuff on it) that will fit???
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Barb
I sell Small size ENDUROTECH Kevlar DIVING GLOVES on Ebay already with a cuff. Take a look. Here's the link: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQgotop...dsperpageZ25QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1
Thanks

Hit this website for Seattle Marine & Fishing Supply......

Their url is www.seamar.com

Their link for a great pair of drysuit gloves is at

https://ssl2.adhost.com/seamar/merchant.cfm?pid=31486&step=4

Here you can order the Atlas 620 PVC Standard Orange 12 which is a very flexible, unlined glove that holds up well in the cold waters of the Pacific Northwest. DUI ships them with their new zipseals, but the gloves you can order here are simply the unlined glove as a fisherman would buy it. Attach to the dry glove ring system you use. Seattle Marine has a bunch of other similar gloves, including the blue PVC glove that is chemical resistant, but a little less flexible, as well as lined versions of both blue and orange gloves.

Best of all, they're $3.35 a pair.

I got small hands and had the same problem.

What worked for me:

I got the traditional blue gloves, size M (the smallest they came in) detached them from the ring system (so that it's just a glove) and adjusted the length so that they essentially became shorter. It takes a bit to get them to the correct length.

When they are the correct length, it works well. As the fingers were still a bit big, I just wear an extra pair of gloves (thin ones usually found at grocery stores) underneath - great as my hands usually freeze anyway.

I didn't mind the extra room around the fingers, as long as the length is ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom