Drysuit boot bunching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toconnor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,

Recently purchased my first drysuit, a whites nexus. I wanted something I can learn in and will hold me over until I can purchase a better suit. I felt this would be good to make some dives in and really learn about what I want in a drysuit, with minimal investment.

it came with a northern diver undergarment and I would like to wear wool socks with the undergarment as well.

I am having a difficult time getting my feet into the boots, and when I do everything is bunched up at the ankles. The boots seem relatively flimsy and collapse as I am inserting my feet into them. There is an area of neoprene above the boots that seems to be the area that the undergarments are getting caught up in. When this occurs, I have a difficult time straightening the kneepads out and the kneepads become quite rustled at the bottom.

When I get everything tugged out, I love the way it fits. There is not much extra space in my calves but it is definitely not tight at all.

What can I do to get my feet into the boots easier without the bunch up? Should I wear tighter socks over the garment? Should I wear the socks under it? The boot/neoprene juncture seems to be the problem and I am wondering if anyone else has dealt with this?

thank you for your help.

I am not fully clear on your setup. My way of wearing my undergarments is by putting on my jump suit, followed up by my booties over the jumpsuit. That way as I put my feet into the suit everything stays in place.

Thanks for responding, hopefully I can clear this up.

How I am attempting to put on my drysuit is

a. jumpsuit with stirrups under feet
b. i put wool socks over the stirrups and bottom of the jujumpsuits

i then attempt to place my foot into the boot that is attached to my drysuit. This is where the problems start. The boot is flimsy and both the drysuit legs and my undergarment get bunched up, requiring a lot of pulling to straighten out.

I am asking the question, because where the boots meet the drysuit leg, there is an area of neoprene that seems to be causing all of the problems. I do not understand how this neoprene fits into the entire scheme of the drysuit leg.

Does anyone wear any type of drysuit gaiter on the inside of their drysuit? Or should I just be wearing tighter socks or some other problem solving fix?

i will try and take photographs to document the issues I am having tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom