Drysuit diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello!

To give you an idea: I dive in a trilaminate drysuit, and I need to add around 8lbs compared to when I dive in a 7mm monopiece. The rest of the gear and the water is the same (only colder).

I could ditch my weight belt if needed but thruthfully I cannot imagine what could cause me to do it. Especially in a dry suit.

Cheers!

For starters I dive a Ursuk Heavy Light FZ (trilam)
When I dive with my own 12 liter 300BAR long's and my thick undergarments I carry 10 kg's of wheights.

If you get the chance to dive dry, take it! Getting neutrally bouyant in a drysuit is the most wonderfull feeling there is...And yes it surely beats you know what.

I dive my drysuit (Bare XCD2 that's a little too big for me) with 24 pounds in summer, 28 pounds in winter. Have the weight split between my BP and belt 50/50 at the moment, and haven't finished adjusting yet. I think I'll end up at 22-26 pounds, depending on undergarment.

Instructors will almost always overweight you in a drysuit to start with, and you'll find that you can shed weight as you get more comfortable.

-B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom