Drysuit Hanger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RSL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Okay, got the drysuit..... Seen mixed messages on Scubaboard about the best way to hang up the drysuit.. Is it better to hang it draped over a large diameter pipe or is is better to make a hanger out of 3" PVC pipe (A Pipe the length of the arms with a T in the middle to hang it over a beam) IS that clear as mud???

I have a 4" PVC pipe that is about 4 ft long hung from the ceiling of the garage. I can fit my drysuit, DUI weight harness, gloves and hood over it and still have room in case my wife dives and her suit needs dried. It's attached to the ceiling with hooks and the rope is long enough to double and have it hang an inch from the ceiling while not in use.

I also use the hooks to hang my gear bag up to dry while the suit and gear is drying. I fold it up after it's dry.

Works well and was dirt cheap.

Do you just drape your stuff over it or does the PVC have an upsidedown "T" shape that will fit in the arms of the drysuit like a big hanger?

RSL:
Do you just drape your stuff over it or does the PVC have an upsidedown "T" shape that will fit in the arms of the drysuit like a big hanger?

I just drape it over the 4" PVC. The large pipe keeps the neoprene from creasing. I usually flip the suit after it's hung overnight to dry the spot of the suit that was in contact with the pipe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom