Drysuit in Cabo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingLonghorn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be travelling to Cabo (end of Feb) on my company's dime and want to take advantage of it and get a couple of dives in. I have dove there before and know what to expect from scenery to water temps. In the past I have worn a 3 mil full and a 3 mil shorty, however, I have recently acquired a drysuit (and gone through training) and was just wondering if anybody has ever dove with a drysuit there?

Thanks.

DivingLonghorn,
I dove in Cabo this past December and I think the water temps were around 75 or so. I dove with my 3 mil plus a 2 mil hooded vest underneath and was very comfortable even after repetitive dives. A drysuit may be overkill, but if you are comfortable with it you might as well use it.
Do you know who you are diving with? PM me if you would like me to offer my advice and recommendations.

I have a similar thread going about DS diving in Kona (similar water temps) here.

I keep bouncing back and forth between using my friend's 5mm, or bringing my drysuit. I'm back to the DS because the 5mm doesn't have pockets, and it's not worth buying x-pockets or something for all my stuff just for my infrequent vacation dives.

In my case, the people I'll dive with are accustom to warm water DS divers. In your case, you might expect to get some funny looks, some grief, even some comments from other divers (not that that would stop me. I get that anyway :D ).

If you end up using the DS, let us know how it goes.

Have fun!

H2OU:
DivingLonghorn,
I dove in Cabo this past December and I think the water temps were around 75 or so. I dove with my 3 mil plus a 2 mil hooded vest underneath and was very comfortable even after repetitive dives. A drysuit may be overkill, but if you are comfortable with it you might as well use it.
Do you know who you are diving with? PM me if you would like me to offer my advice and recommendations.

H2OU,
I'm going to Cabo March 17 to 24. Could you recommend some dive shops or excursions I could get in touch with while there? What were your experiences there? Thanks!

banjoman1948,
I recommend diving with Conquest Adventures while you are down there. Their website is www.conquestadventures.com. They are a newer company and have a great dive boat. Their staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. PM me if you want any more specific info. I think your dates are getting close to spring break time, so whomever you dive with, make sure you book early. Have fun!!!

Hello Water temp in Cabo is 68 degrees.I used a 5mm suit with hood and gloves and was warm.I dove with Baja Dive the last three years great staff. Theres lots to see Diving Cabo so bring your Camara.I really like Diving the No. Wall to Peligan rock and Neptunes Finger.The Point has a large Sea Lions rookery and you can see a small wreck on the the same tank.

Back
Top Bottom