Drysuit Inflation Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
Would my AL19 pony be OK to adapt for a argon bottle?

If so, do I just need to add a simple 1st stage reg to it and my LP drysuit hose?

I don't need a SPG on that, do I?

?????

I'm moving to a more DIR-like config and wanted to know if I should dump the AL19 or if I could still use it for something.

You need some sort of over pressure relief valve so that if the first stage fails open it want cause a uncontrolled accent. 19cu/ft seems a little big????

19 is bigger than most folks use. 6 is most common, you'll also see 14s occasionally. I guess you could get away with a 19.

Like Lucid said, you need an over-pressure relief valve (OPV) installed on the first stage (it goes in one of your LP ports). Skip the SPG.

WW

If using a single tank you don't need to use a seperate dry suit tank with argon do you? I was under the impression that you can just pump in some air from your tank since your only using enough air just to stop the squeeze?

Yes,
You can. But some guys use a seperate 9 or 13 cu in bottle for:

*Argon

and/or

*So they don't have to use their air in their single tank or twins

:)

If only using enough air in your dry suit to stop the squeeze, isn't there only and insignificant of air being used from your main single or double tanks? Also if using Nitrox would it then be better to use say a 6# bottle just for dry suit inflation?

My opinion is unless your diving helium skip the drysuit inflation bottle.You should only need small bursts of air to offset the squeeze of the drysuit.It doesnt use a whole lot of air from your main tank.Why add a piece of equipment you dont need unless you are planning on diving helium in the future.

That's what i was hoping lal. Thanx. I'd much rather spend my money on some other piece of gear I really don't need right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom