Drysuit Inflation Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read an interesting article in a Canadian Diving magazine this week. According to the author the use of Argon is SO minute compared to air that its questionable if one should spend the extra money on a tank, valve, regulator, annual inspection/hydro, and maintenance fees.

I just sold my AL19 pony that I was considering using as a Argon bottle. I need other gear more than an Argon bottle at this point, like AL40's and twin steels.

Thanks,

lal7176 once bubbled...
My opinion is unless your diving helium skip the drysuit inflation bottle.
I agree.

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
I need other gear more than an Argon bottle at this point, like AL40's and twin steels.
If you are diving twin steels with AL40 deco bottles that implies helium backgas at least some of the time... in which case you will also need an argon bottle (even if you only fill it with air.)

I suggest getting a 6cf suit bottle.

Thanks Pug,
I'm not quite twin and deco bottle material just yet, but like to look ahead so that purchases don't become obsolete, like a AL19 pony vs. twin 98's. I'm heading in a DIR philosophy, and don't think the AL19 will be useful once I adopt the DIR:F philosophy.

So, off to eBay it went, and gone...

Back
Top Bottom