Drysuit Lifespan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abitton:
Any tricks you can share???

(Ordered mine about 3 and a half weeks ago)
No real tricks.
I rinse in FW after every dive/ day of diving.
Due to the high volume of dives I do I use McNett's Wet suit Drysuit shampoo once a month. I hang it up on a drysuit hanger inside out first for about 4-6 hours to ensure the insde is dry (prevents mildewing inside) then right side out til it is dry. Storing away from ozone producing sources like my furnace.

I apply wax to my zippers after every dive.
McNett has this zip care stuff that comes in a bottle with a brush applicator I use that when I see vertigree (the green marine rust) forming on the zipper.

I use Mcnett's Seal saver a few times a season to keep the the latex seals from deteriorating and keep them supple.

and service my valves every year pre season.

Just the standard care stuff.

MAN!!! I don't know where you guys are getting your repairs done, but the pricing quoted here is REDICULOUS!! A new factory installed zipper is only $198. If you buy a $24 can of glue, holes you can do yourself for almost nothing. You can also buy replacement seals (a nick or a pair of wrists) for about $30 and again use about $1.50 worth of glue. Or send it to the factory and it is $65 plus shipping.

http://www.ossystems.com/adventure/dmindex.html

4693 dives on the same $879 drysuit doing 4-6 commercial dives a day. Looks like hell, but ...

newportscuba:
No real tricks. ... Just the standard care stuff.

I guess than that the moral is to give the suit heck in the water, but be scrupulous post-dive?

abitton:
I guess than that the moral is to give the suit heck in the water, but be scrupulous post-dive?
Yep Take care of the gear that is going to take care of you.

rcontrera:
MAN!!! I don't know where you guys are getting your repairs done, but the pricing quoted here is REDICULOUS!! A new factory installed zipper is only $198. If you buy a $24 can of glue, holes you can do yourself for almost nothing. You can also buy replacement seals (a nick or a pair of wrists) for about $30 and again use about $1.50 worth of glue. Or send it to the factory and it is $65 plus shipping.

http://www.ossystems.com/adventure/dmindex.html

4693 dives on the same $879 drysuit doing 4-6 commercial dives a day. Looks like hell, but ...

Don't understand what is Riduculous about it.
OSS and DUI will have different repair prices and shipping from Newport RI to san deigo probably costs a bit more the seattle wa to whereever you are quoting the shipping too.

your quote of $198 for a factory seal plus $65 for shipping puts you in the $263 ballpark for that repair so what is so crazy about a $37 difference in shipping and repair between two vastly dissimmilar locations and with two different manufactuers?
I was thoroughly satisfied with the repair, it extended the life span of an otherwise perfectly good suit and for me it was a business write off so $37 diff is chump change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom