Drysuit not so dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmalinowski:
Beats me. Here's hoping that was it and that next time it will only be sweat in the suit.

Even if you decide you don't need heavy undergarments to keep you warm, try to wear something that will wick away sweat on the layer closest to your skin. It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, just effective. If you don't wear something and it's warm enough you WILL sweat (and be uncomfortable) or you WILL get suit hickies at your elbows or knees (and be uncomfortable).

Have fun,

I'm a little concerned about your statement that you had bubbles at your neck. The first drysuit I wore "burped" air out the neck seal -- I've learned that this can be a symptom of a neck seal which isn't tight enough. When the air comes out, water comes in. In the case of that particular suit, at the end of a 20 minute dive I had water I could pour out of the boots (I was also hypothermic, which wasn't at all fun.)

Anyway, hope it was just the valve, but you might want to try another pool session before you take the suit into cold water, just to be safe.

It still may be sweat. I may be wrong but isn't it about the same as wrapping your self in a celephane bagclose to your skin...You would be surprised by the amount you can sweat a body can generate in a short period of time. I know some athletes do this to loose weight "wrestlers for example"

cmalinowski:
Ack. I just purchased a drysuit from divetank.com and finally got the opportunity to take it to the pool for a test run and some weighting tests. The pool was very warm, and I had never had on a drysuit, so I didn't feel any tremendous trickles like the suit was leaking. But, when I took it off, I was soaked. Not "sweating like a pig" soaked, but "jumped in the water/wring out the clothes" soaked.

I have a suggestion, why don't you take it back to the place where you bought it and ask them for some help. If it is leaking, I am sure that they will take care of it for you.

Oh wait. Sorry, my bad. You didn't buy it at your LDS. Do you even know where divetank.com is located? Probably not.

Tim
LDS supporter - if we don't all support our LDS, what will happen to SCUBA as we know it?

Back
Top Bottom