Drysuit Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imasinker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Looking for some feeback!

I have a Bare HD Trilam suit I bought this year. I have one Pocket on thy right thigh. Just wondering do many of you have two pockets. Do they really cause that much drag. I am finding I don't have much room in one pocket for my mask and sea snips camera so forth. I was thinking of adding another pocket on the left or pouch on my harness and need some suggestions.

I dive an OMS BP/W hog setup on doubles. I am trying to keep my configuration as standard and streamlined as can be without overloading my harness with accessories. I thought I would keep one pocket dedicated for my backup mask and the other for sea snips and other tools. What do you all suggest?

All my drysuits have two pockets. There is no extra drag. Your shoulders break the water column.

What do you all suggest?
I use two...

Spare mask in one, along with a nice closed-cell SMB. The other has a finger spool, sea snips, slate or notepad, and a laminated table for the dive at hand, with plenty of room to spare.

My first suit had only one pocket, and it's too crowded with the spare mask and other bits. The SMB wouldn't fit, so it would either be tucked up underneath me, clipped to the butt d-ring, or stowed behind the light/wing near my right hip, tucked in tightly behind the light. I much prefer it in the pocket.

Back
Top Bottom