Drysuit Roundtable Q&A

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got Questions? Bring them here! As one of the largest drysuit retailers in the country, we want to help answer any of the questions you may have on getting a new suit, using your first suit, care of an existing suit, repairs of your old suit, or any other questions you could have concerning drysuits.

We know this can be tough, and not all dive shops really understand drysuits. Let's face it, there are a ton of options, materials, features/benefits, and it can get confusing fast! It's OK, let us help sort it all out for you.

Bring your questions here for a Roundtable Discussion and education on everything and anything drysuits! Don't be afraid, bring your questions and bring your drysuit situations. I'm ready to help!!!

I am looking into purchasing a used DUI suit that would need new boots put on, since my shoe size is bigger than the previous owner. Is that something you can do at DRIS or would I need to ship it out to DUI?

We can do it no problem Since we are not a DUI dealer though, we would have to use a different boot. We do have alot of good choices, the most popular, which I designed and another manufacturer uses, is the Ultimate Drysuit Boot. Extremely comfortable, most durable on the market, warm, and it has built in velcro to act as a gator.

How much do those boots run, if you don't mind my asking? I've never been disappointed in anything I've purchased from you, so if that would work, that's what I'll end up doing!

How many incidences of Santi Emotion fabric issues, as reported in another thread, have you guys seen? Cheers.

None. I have been watching that thread though, but don't have anything to add. As the largest Santi dealer in the country, and owning one personally, we haven't had a single one come back with an issue and I haven't seen anything on my suit that has about 100 dives on it. That is not to say there isn't something there, but we have never had one come back, have never had anyone call about warranty, or anything. The only incidents I have seen or heard of was in the thread. I find it odd we haven't heard or seen it.

what are the chances of getting a boot that comes in big sizes and is wide? There is a new trend in cave country where instead of overboots, guys are using standard wetsuit boots to go over the booties. Helps keep air out of the feet when you're descending head first, but they don't make wide sizes. I got my rofos with the largest overboots they had, but they aren't usable because I can't lace them since my feet are too wide. This is with the neoprene socks from them, and lightweight hiking socks. Even with the overboots and Chuck Taylors, they don't make any wide width sizes past US12. Socks are infinitely better than integrated boots imho, but the lack of usable overboots is tough.

None. I have been watching that thread though, but don't have anything to add. As the largest Santi dealer in the country, and owning one personally, we haven't had a single one come back with an issue and I haven't seen anything on my suit that has about 100 dives on it. That is not to say there isn't something there, but we have never had one come back, have never had anyone call about warranty, or anything. The only incidents I have seen or heard of was in the thread. I find it odd we haven't heard or seen it.

Thank you, I'll sleep easy tonight.

I have a CF200 with rubber soles that I picked up used. One of the soles has become a little loose and is starting to peel off. What would you do and use to fix this before it becomes more of an issue?

Same foot pocket, there is a threaded seam on the outside that goes up the middle of the foot. Near the toe there is a very small amount of white showing like the threads are being worn/pulled. It has never leaked, but would you recommend wet cement or aquaseal to patch it up/protect it?

---------- Post added September 16th, 2015 at 12:39 PM ----------

Also,

#3 How many drysuits do you own and what do you use them for?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom