Drysuit skills?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey don't sweat it. I just got play some.

To start I'm going to get the pinnacle evolution undergarment. Then I will use the lavacore stuff for summer time. Both will get Lycra undergarment. We'll see where it goes from there. I'm reading a lot on the loft and buoyancy. Though with my 7mm I need a lot so I should be ok.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

Last edited:
So I take it you don't need the DVD since JAX took care of you. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't get it esnt out yet, and I was going to have to ask you for your address again.:bonk:

So I take it you don't need the DVD since JAX took care of you. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't get it esnt out yet, and I was going to have to ask you for your address again.:bonk:

Ya Glen I don't think I'll need it. I couldn't remember which agency you were sending. I was going to ask but was farting around and you beat me to the trigger.

Dave we need to hook up and dive!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Woot! It arrived today. I will do a review, even though it is not the model I ordered. I received an evolution 3 instead. I'll start a new thread for the review when I do it. Now to reserve the pool!

got in the pool/bathtub this evening. Man that water was warm, and me in a heavy undergarment. I nearly passed out from heat exhaustion, I kid you not. But I had to do it to see how the buoyancy went. I was within 4lbs of guessing my weighting. Everything went well. Did two versions of recovery from floaty feet. First one gave me a good load of pool water up the snout, talk about a brush fire in the nose! It is really not that hard to fix this issue. I also really had to force the floaty feet so staying in trim wasn't bad at all. 12' is not deep enough to really practice, but at least I worked out some of the stuff I only read about. I was able to chicken wing easily, and i could even "milk" it a little by opening my arm up and closing it back down to get even more air out. I have to order another set of pockets for the other tank bands. Right now I'm at 8lb on the trim bands, and 18lb on the harness belt. I'm going to try to go to the quarry so I can get down to around 30'. My buddy is a CPA so he is mildly busy right now. LOL

TNRonin:

Take a look at the DUI Classic Weight Harness. It runs about $120, but you can get the weight off your BC. This is the second season w/ my Fusion, but just moved to the harness and I am really happy I did.

...I will do a review, even though it is not the model I ordered. I received an evolution 3 instead. I'll start a new thread for the review when I do it. Now to reserve the pool!
Are you going to stay with the Evo3?

...got in the pool/bathtub this evening. Man that water was warm, and me in a heavy undergarment. I nearly passed out from heat exhaustion, I kid you not. ... I also really had to force the floaty feet so staying in trim wasn't bad at all. 12' is not deep enough to really practice, but at least I worked out some of the stuff I only read about. ... LOL
That is very much why my DS dives are only in the extreme of winter. I damn near have heat stroke before I get in the water. I set up all my gear 1st, I only have the MK2 under-garment and have to immediately get in the water after I get the suit on just to cool off before I put my gear on. I have the Fusion Bullet and still have not been able to get my feet floaty enough to simulate a runaway position/condition. I have to way over-inflate my suit while inverted which gets my legs lofty enough. 12 ft. is a great depth to practice buoyancy control as there is a big swing in buoyancy around that depth. Mike at DRIS got me setup in my DS. Fits great! The things I practice on are tuck/rolling to get my feet back under me, diconnecting my inflator hose, and dumping from the neck seal with gloves on. The biggest risk with a DS IMO is uncontrolled ascent, so that is what I practice the most. Aside from the previous statement and my limited experience to date; DS diving in my Fusion is not much different than diving my 5mm, just dry and warmer. Enjoy it, have fun, and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom