Drysuit wrist seals, seeping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bill harvey

Contributor
Reaction score
Well threw on my drysuit today. went in the water and my wrists let a tiny bit of water in. i could only feel it run when i was out of the water with my hands up. i own and plan to dive with my gaunlet gloves that go over the wrist seals. The seals are neoprene so they are thick. do you think the gloves will make them seal or do you think it is worth the effort to shave my hairy arms? or is it normal to get some water in the wrist seal after you get out of the water? looking forward to your replies, and all of you that will say shave your wrists just because it will be funny.

Have you tried latex wrist seals? I've had no luck with neoprene wrists.

I wouldn't shave your wrists...for a number of reasons. :)
The relevant reason being the stubble will be irritated by the neoprene.

Could your seals be a bit loose?

the seals are very tight real hard to get them off. i don't want to have my seals changed the suit is new and i am not even sure if they could be changed. I really only need the suit for this year because next year i think i will be living in the tropics:)

My old suit had neoprene wrist seals that were never 100% water tight. One thing that did seem to help was switching from a talc lube to Aquaseal Seal Saver. I think it is specifically designed for latex seals, but besides being a good lube for the neoprene seals, it also sure seemed to reduce the seepage. I'm guessing that it enhanced the contact between my skin and the seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom