Drysuit zipper repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it has that much water in it, Ted, then hypothermia becomes a real danger. ARound here winter diving means water temps near freezing. A flooded drysuit would be a very serious problem.

R..

Diver0001:
If it has that much water in it, Ted, then hypothermia becomes a real danger. ARound here winter diving means water temps near freezing. A flooded drysuit would be a very serious problem.

R..
R,

Won't argue that -around here too ths time of year. My point was thatyou won't need a lot more lift - assuming of course that you are using the BC as the primary buoyancy device.

Yes I know this is a very old thread, which is why I'm asking:

How long did the zipper last once you made this repair?

Thanks to everyone who posted. I was able to make the repair. I pulled the loose tooth out at an angle and used a matchstick to place a dab of aquaseal underneath it and between it and the tooth next to it. Then I took needlenose and poped the tooth back into the rubber socket, cleaned and aligned it, and let it set up. Works smoothly now.

With a little care and caution when opening and closing, it should keep me dry and toasty until I can buy a whole new zipper. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom