Drysuits and sunscreen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for the e-mails boys and girls; maybe i'll just have to bite the bullet and give a couple of those suggestions a try. either that or i'll be forced to become rich and famous by inventing my very own 'drysuit only' sunscreen :)

all kidding aside, i do have a neighbor that's a chemist and custom designs vitamins/supplements/sunscreens for all manner of people. i'll see if i can't get him to look into this and i'll post back to this board if he can figure out how to make something that won't devour seals.

erik

Try the Neutrogena Ultra-sheer Drytouch sunblock. It dries completely grease-free and has a very mild nice scent. You can get it all the way up to SPF 85, but the 30 and 45 are the most commonly found in stores. It's sweat and water proof, and works great for diving.

I was going to suggest the same thing. I use it, and normally put it on about a half-hour for I am putting my DS on. By that time I usually can't feel it anymore, and it doesn't leave much of that lotiony residue behind.
I'm sure it isn't good for the suit, but neither is a lot of things. I use it quite often, have had my current neckseal for ~2 years, and can't see any damage from it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom