DS inflator on leg???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've seen some DSs with the inflator valve mounted on the upper leg - I guess this is SOP for many military (SEAL) suits as well. Anyone know why this is done? I assue it has to do with them diving rebreathers, but, I don't really have a clue.

Would this be an exceptable rig for someone diving with a small argon bottle? Would the argon diffuse throughout the suit or would be trapped in the leg (by the harness)?

Any thoughtsas to whether this is a good or bad idea?

Thanks

I wonder why you are asking. Do you have a source to get one cheep?

I can work, especially if rigged correctly.

The drawback is diving a configuration different from the other people on your team. Unless you are diving with a bunch of SEAL team guys. :D

I would imagine the leg placement is more out of necessity than anything else.

They probably mount things on there chest and therefore have to relocate the inflation valve.

Milspec drysuit inflators are usually located on the left hip just below the waistline. It does work well and on a rebreather is a very good location. The drysuit generally has a sleeve sewn in for the cyinder and the hose is usually about 4 inches long. Quite a nice setup. It is also not attached in anyway to your rig so you can shed your gear without worrying about that connection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom