DSAT Tech Deep Diver.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim:
...hopefully I'll do the last 4 dives from the course on the battlecruisers - and then two more dives as well (3 day liveaboard). I still don't know how much that increases the cost though.

Screw the cost, start saving now!! I'm nuts when it comes to wrecks and those babies are high on my list. After that I just have to work out how to get the cash to go Bikini atoll...

You know that the JUE lads from Tokyo are going to do a trip to the battlecruisers this summer?

I didn't know that but hopefully I'll be off to Canada in summer! Got some golf lined up and maybe some diving too. Anyone know some good wrecks on the west coast?

Kim:
No it's not true.
Look at this page:
http://www.rudysdivecenter.com/tecrecmain.htm

You need either Tech Deep or the equivelent from another agency (amongst other things!)

edit:
Sorry that link brings up the same page you posted. Look on the left menu and go to the Prerequisites and Postrequisites.

apparently I misunderstood the first sentence on the 2nd to the last paragraph there. You don't need to be DSAT Tech Deep certified but you need to be certified as a technical deep diver using air, nitrox and pure oxygen for deco from a recognize agency.

Otter:
Maybe I am missing something there....The difference between simulated and real deco is what? I always assumed that if I did a simulated deco at say 45' for 30 mins, I was at 45' for 30 mins. The fact that I didn't have a actual (real?) deco obligation only meant that (1) if I screwed up badly, I could ascent and (2) I didn't need to spend the bottomtime at depth to create the deco obligation.

Assuming all of that is true, and maybe it was alluded to above, is there a real [not simulated :wink: ]mental difference to a diver who has a simulated stop vs a real stop....

No your not missing anything. I teach both DSAT & TDI. The standard actualy means NO skills while in a deco situation. So if I bounce some one down to the depth limits 150', 165', 180', 200', 245' & 330'. I can't do skills even after 1min of bottom time or untill they clear deco. So simulating is the only way in the begining. But just diving is a skill and after they have more skills after there simulation dives. It changes into full on mission dives for several dives to the limits of the class. I don't like repitive dives so these dives have a very long bottom time and long hang times. If I sign a card they can do the dives that they are cert. for any where.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom