Dss smb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the 3.3' H SMB. It has an OPV (and built-in bungee). I've had no trouble launching it in cold water (down to 35F). The one time I tried to shoot a DSS SMB, I couldn't for the life of me get any gas in it. Neither could the other two divers I was with. That said, I know others who have this bag and like it.

I ordered one, then canceled it because they were out of stock. Bought a H brand 3 foot one from a local GUE shop because I needed one for UTD Tech classes. Found that in cold water, the H one sucks. Can't inflate with cold lips. Serious. got home from UTD training, and re-ordered the DSS one. I can mash it back against my rear molars and get my cold mouth shut against it and it inflates! The choice for cold water bag blowing IMHO is DSS. Not only that, but it looks much more manly as it inflates the most full of any 1 meter SMB I have tried :) It also has an OPV, which my H brand one doesn't have. +1 loving on the built in bungee. The DSS spool is also nice for dry glove use.

Considering that I own a TON of DSS gear(full singles and doubles rig, kydex and steel, weight plates, stage mounts, instrument mounts, tools, and and a nice hose attachment for cleaning ones BCD...) I don't know why I even bothered with the H brand one.

Cheers,

Justin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom