DUI CF200X compressed neoprene...new zip that leaks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where you both happy with the CF200? Durability. workmanship and longevity. Can PM me if you want. Thank you.

Where you both happy with the CF200? Durability. workmanship and longevity. Can PM me if you want. Thank you.

Absolutely! My CF200x was a custom for me, made in 1996. It just went in for it's first rehab! Actually, the neck would probably have continued, but the wrists were "iffy", and the zipper was heading south. I din't want a mid-season issue to mess me up. I had Zip-Seals put in it (they weren't an option when this suit was made), and added a kevlar butt pad to it for wear and tear on boat benches.

I also found a CF200 that was around 17 years old that my buddy just picked up. New seals and a zipper, and it is likely looking at another decade....

I guess it was the recent service that dropped my opinion. That being said, they have worked with me to make it right, and I am waiting to get my suit back and dive it soon.

Fingers crossed!

I have two.

The only reason I have two is that I needed more room for more insulation for extended dives in cold water than my first one has. I bought the first used, and it had been used quite a bit. I have used it quite a bit more. It's a completely solid suit depite it age. They are hard to puncture (important to me for going into wrecks), they stretch, and I find them more comfortable than a trilam. I know exactly one person who has ever worn out a CF200, and it took him something like 20 years and thousands of dives. Mine will outlast me if they are even half as durable.

The downsides are weight and the time it takes them to dry. For some reason, my older one takes days longer to dry than my newer one, and the newer one takes a day or so hanging in the garage. YMMV.

I have not dived anyone else's crushed neoprene suit, so I can't comment on those.

I'm pretty happy w/ the CF200 - I'm an off-the-shelf body size so mine is a standard size Large. I was doing way, way too much research on these different suits many years ago, and it boiled down to either a High Tide drysuit ( Eric Morris) or a DUI Crushed neoprene . What sold me on the DUI suit was that all of my instructors were wearing them. OW, Advanced, Rescue, DM... It was kind of nuts. And I don't mean peer pressure - but it's that these guys were all teaching/diving quite a bit and were hard on gear and the suits kept up well. I didn't want to be shrunk wrapped in a tri-lam suit.

Whatever suit you choose- I don't know anybody who has dove dry and then went back to diving in a wetsuit, it's really a one way street. Maybe that one guy who moved to Florida. My comfort level in the water increased threefold once I dove dry. When I (finally) got dry gloves it went up even more.

All that said - there is going to always be some aspect that I want to tweak a bit, add a P-valve, or add a heater vest. Thicker undergarment, if possible...the list of upgrades is kinda endless.

Right now I just want a suit with no leaks. Is that too much to ask ? : )

I'm pretty happy w/ the CF200 - I'm an off-the-shelf body size so mine is a standard size Large. I was doing way, way too much research on these different suits many years ago, and it boiled down to either a High Tide drysuit ( Eric Morris) or a DUI Crushed neoprene . What sold me on the DUI suit was that all of my instructors were wearing them. OW, Advanced, Rescue, DM... It was kind of nuts. And I don't mean peer pressure - but it's that these guys were all teaching/diving quite a bit and were hard on gear and the suits kept up well. I didn't want to be shrunk wrapped in a tri-lam suit.

Whatever suit you choose- I don't know anybody who has dove dry and then went back to diving in a wetsuit, it's really a one way street. Maybe that one guy who moved to Florida. My comfort level in the water increased threefold once I dove dry. When I (finally) got dry gloves it went up even more.

All that said - there is going to always be some aspect that I want to tweak a bit, add a P-valve, or add a heater vest. Thicker undergarment, if possible...the list of upgrades is kinda endless.

Right now I just want a suit with no leaks. Is that too much to ask ? : )
Very reasonable. Thank you.

Ya, I'm the buddy. Love the suit, zips work great, cold and mild water. It's a tough suit.

Just had a problem with the cloth shoulder shelf of the zipper becoming frayed.

Have contacted DUI and am awaiting remediation.

Absolutely! My CF200x was a custom for me, made in 1996. It just went in for it's first rehab! Actually, the neck would probably have continued, but the wrists were "iffy", and the zipper was heading south. I din't want a mid-season issue to mess me up. I had Zip-Seals put in it (they weren't an option when this suit was made), and added a kevlar butt pad to it for wear and tear on boat benches.

I also found a CF200 that was around 17 years old that my buddy just picked up. New seals and a zipper, and it is likely looking at another decade....

I guess it was the recent service that dropped my opinion. That being said, they have worked with me to make it right, and I am waiting to get my suit back and dive it soon.

Fingers crossed!

Ya, I'm the buddy. Love the suit, zips work great, cold and mild water. It's a tough suit.

Just had a problem with the cloth shoulder shelf of the zipper becoming frayed.

Have contacted DUI and am awaiting remediation.

pictures.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom