DUI Dog Days at Mermet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land Locked

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!

2007_mermet_2.jpg

Dear Diver,
Do you know what diving dry feels like?
What makes DUI Drysuits the best?
Which DUI Drysuit is right for me?
How much fun do DOGs have?
Experience drysuit diving by actually TEST DIVING DUI Drysuits, DiveWear Insulation and Accessories!
Meeting Industry Leaders and DUI Factory Professionals
Free Collectors Edition DUI TEST DIVER Hat
Educational Seminars and Presentations by Divers Alert Network**
All this and a Free Barbecue Lunch
Our Mermet Springs DOG Rally takes place the weekend of October 4-5, 2008. Come on out and join us for a great event.
For Public Safety Divers we have an education event just for you the Friday before. For more information click here.
Volunteers are always needed and greatly appreciated. We particularly need Dive Instructors and DiveMasters to lead guided dives. Experienced DUI DOGs may also be needed to work in the tent or registering divers. All volunteer staff receive a unique DUI gift. If you are interested, please contact Dave prior to the event.
We hope to see. Advanced tickets are now available for purchase on the DUI website or by contacting your local participating dealers. You’ll save BIG by purchasing your tickets in advance! Tickets will also be available on site.
Let’s go diving!
Dave

Monica and I are thinking of going to this so she can try a drysuit.

Anyone else going?

Unfortunately,.... no. I will be in Hopkinsville working on my instructor class. Yesterday we finished up the manual, took a couple of mini tests, gave a lecture presentation. On Sat. we will be giving our last Confined Water & all of our Open Water presentations. After that portion, then all that is left is to take the written final exam & go through some oral professional & situational evaluations. Then hopefully there will be a few new OWSI's on the scene..... For better or worse:D.

Congratulations Tammy!

Sounds like you have been hard at work.

Well, Sat. I went through what seemed like 9 kinds of hell (or at least felt like it afterwards). I had to give 1 pool/ confined water teaching presentation, 3 Open Water Teaching presentations (I scored 13/15 points on every one of the presentations) and a simulated guided tour with 4 "'students' from Mergatroid":shakehead:. That was a real disaster, but after being told where I messed up on, I actually didn't do too bad since it was meant to be that way (no win situation). I had 1 buddy pair go 1 way & the other pair go another way. I swam my buns off trying to get them back together. Kinda like herding cats:D. Basically a completely worst case scenario thrown at me. I managed to survive all that. After that & a professionalism evaluation (scored 35/ 36 on it) I was told by the instructor, I am now an Associate Instructor (can teach classroom & confined water). We will take the final exam & present our last lecture presentation next Mon. & do a couple of oral evaluations on the following Wed. to finish this course up & hopefully a full OW instructor, although I will stay under the mentoring of the instructors at the shop for a bit to gain a bit more experience & confidence before teaching on my own.

Thanks Chris,.... I think. It's called encouragement!
I know you can do it!

I saw your signature. You're going to Bonaire in Nov.? How very cool! I'm looking at a 2 week trip to Malaysia in April.

Finally! A trip! I'm so over due. I'm really looking forward to Bonaire, the Bari reef is going to be just outside our front door with unlimited shore diving and free nitrox.

I'm going to post a video trip report, hopefully, when I return.

Finally! A trip! I'm so over due. I'm really looking forward to Bonaire, the Bari reef is going to be just outside our front door with unlimited shore diving and free nitrox.

I'm going to post a video trip report, hopefully, when I return.

It's been so long since you were in the water, you may need a refresher class:D:D

KR

True, so true. :shakehead: Being your regular dive buddy, are you going to do this for me for free? :D Stupid question, I know. What brew of choice is it going too be??? :rofl3:

It's been so long since you were in the water, you may need a refresher class:D:D

KR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom