DUI DOG Days at TRL Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrapinken

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Valerie just got off the phone with DUI - This DOG Days event will be Non-Diving as far as DUI is concerned. We are still hosting with DUI, and trying to have some sort of function, but Do Not plan on getting in the water.
(10:42 am 11 April 08)
DUI Said they will be posting something to the website soon.

Diving Unlimited International / drysuit manufacture

ACOE info as follows:

Flood gates at Dewey Short are currently open. As of 3pm CST, they are moving 27,000 square feet of water per second. Table Rock Lake is predicted to crest sometime mid to late Saturday (possibly as late as Sunday). Lake users should expect the flood gates to remain open through at least Saturday.

From a local source:

Swift water (fast current due to flood gates being open) is present at Dewey Short. It is deemed unsafe to dive that site through Saturday, possibly Sunday at the soonest.

Also, visibility is lousy even at Jake's Point, Indian Point, Moonshine Beach, the spillway, Enchanted Forest. No vis info on the Zebulon Pike.

The lake's a mess, but it needed a clean up pretty bad and I think this will do the trick.

Well, DUI DOG Rally and Demo for TRL is in the books. In 11 years they have never had snow or not been able to dive. They can not say that now. I was impressed with the amount of people that showed up and tried on dry suits. I will check, but my guess is about 25 people on Saturday and maybe 4 on Sunday. People were allowed to go and wade around in the water to get a feel for what a dry suit has to offer, but no diving. It is my opinion, that was the prudent decision. I can only guess that the viz was 0. The wind was making white caps and I am sure there was all kinds of crap floating around. There was no "real" snow on the ground, but it did flurry and sleet some. Over all it was cold and totaly over staffed. They had about 30 people from Europe touring with them. From St. Louis - We (Y-kiki Divers) had 12 people there - Only 3 of us stayed on Sunday until the end. Steve and Angela From TGADC toughed it out until the bitter end also. Bob, Cheryl, Nathan & Danny from Odyssey Scuba. Ed, Mitch, Ernie and others from Ozark Dive Co helped pack up also. Louis, Andy and others from Scuba Sports. A few guys from Kansas City that, right this second, I do not recall their names. My point is, we were ready for some serious action (Over 60 staff people!)and all we did was stand around and talk a good game. It was good to see old friends and make some new ones. I am looking forward to the next DOG Rally where we can actually do some diving!!

Back
Top Bottom