DUI Flex 50/50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agwatts

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
HELP!

I'm thinking of buying a used DUI Flex 50/50 dry suit. I teach in Nor Cal and dive in Monterey for all my classes. Is this a good suit for the type of diving I will be doing? Both shore and boat?

Thanks,
Greg

it should be fine, is there anything in particular you are worried about?

not really worried about...just needing this suit to last as it will get lots of use. Warmth is key as well.

agwatts, as Rainer posted, warmth is a function of the undergarments. You could start with snowboard/ski thermals if you have any. Or you could search for ebay garments in this forum. Ron definitely has some good stuffs.

As far as the 50/50 suit goes, the crushed neoprene bottom will be much more insulating than the trilam top.

Just make sure you check for pinhole leaks before diving with the suit.

not really worried about...just needing this suit to last as it will get lots of use. Warmth is key as well.

Hi,

This is Kathy Long with DUI. I saw your post. I am not sure your location, you mentioned Northern California. We will have several DOG Rallys this Fall. Aug 29-30 will be at Les Davis Pier, Tacoma, WA and Sept 12-13 is Meeks Bay at Lake Tahoe. This information is available at DUI DOG Rally & Demo Tour - test our drysuits, divewear and more

This is a great chance to dive a FLX50/50 and any other drysuit we carry.

The crushed neoprene has a very different feel than the trilaminate. Some people love it, others prefer the trilaminate.

The crushed neoprene is very tough and durable.

Thanks,

Kathy

I have a FLX50/50 - I want a TLS350. I dive primarily in Monterey, and it's been a great suit as far as durability goes.

Thanks...that is perfect for what I need. Thanks to you all for your feedback.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom