DUI flex vs 350 drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fleetkeeper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
i have been diving with neoprene drysuits for 16 years. I like them but they are heavy and I am getting older. My shop says the DUI flex or 350 would be best for me. I need a custom built suit. I do photography so flexibility is important. I am primarily interested in that and durability and dry. A friend told me to get the si tech valves. Also looking for real life experience, especially from women, as to back vs front entry. I only do boat diving.
Thanks in advance.

Although I'm not a woman, I have owned a DUI TLS 350, and I have dived the Flex. I'd go with the TLS 350. To me there is no comparison. The Flex feels bulky and uncomfortable in the water after diving the TLS 350. I'd recommend the Apeks valves with the high profile dump valve. I've owned SI Tech valves on other drysuits. They're OK I suppose, but I like the Apeks valves much better.
Finally I'd recommend getting a front zip, self donning DUI drysuit. Much better than their shoulder entry suits IMO. Good luck!

What is the difference with high vs low profile valve? I have never had a problem with my valves leaking, but according to some the standard valve on the DUI suits leak, so they suggest the si tec. But maybe this a a problem that DUI resolved already.

What is the difference with high vs low profile valve? I have never had a problem with my valves leaking, but according to some the standard valve on the DUI suits leak, so they suggest the si tec. But maybe this a a problem that DUI resolved already.
Please contact Karim Hamza at Hollywood Divers especially if you need a custom made suit , he is by far the most knowledgeable when it comes to all brands of drysuits.

Opinions vary of course, but I had good luck with Apeks valves, especially their high profile dump valve. Years ago the low profile dump valve had a reputation for leaking, while the high profile version did not. I'm not sure if they ever solved this problem on the low profile dump valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom