DUI Signature Series FLX Extreme Drysuit - $1500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozumelkeith

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
For sale I have a made to measure cave cut DUI Signature Series FLX Extreme drysuit. I purchased this suit in Summer of 2013. It has approximately 55 dives on it. I transitioned to doubles last year and unfortunately the suit is just a little too snug on my left side (for some reason my left shoulder/chest/arm area is a little bigger on my left side than my right even though I am right handed). I am having a new suit made with some tweaks to the fit.

I would say overall the suit is in excellent condition. It’s always been rinsed/zipper waxed after every dive. It’s been stored on a drysuit hanger. My first dive of this season I noticed a very small leak in the right turbo sole which I patched with cotol/aqua seal and it’s been dry since. (This is not uncommon for turbo soles.) Save for that small leak the suit has been absolutely bone dry.

I purchased the suit with standard latex seals but added the Si Tech permanent oval wrist system which I’ve been very happy with. It’s 1) low profile 2) allows you to swap your own seals at the dive site 3) allows you to use silicon seals (cheap - $50 a pair) 4) allows you to use any seal available as opposed to a system like ZipSeals where you need to have the proprietary seal 5) when using dry gloves (you would need to use the Si Tech Antares system, which been using and love or the newer Virgo system) you have the option of leaving the wrist seal in place for redundancy in case of a glove tear - you can also remove the seal when using dry gloves for extra warmth.

When I had the wrist system installed the shop accidentally installed the Si Tech Neck Tite system which I hated. I had them remove the neck system and install a standard latex neck seal which is what is on there now. While they had the suit I think during leak testing they got some adhesive on the suit near the valve. Tried to show this in the picture. Might be possible to remove this with some kind of solvent but I have never looked into it.

Other details:
-Turbo soles are XL - I typically wear a size 11-12 shoe
-CLX overlay design with red tough duck
-2 Halcyon Explorer pockets
-Halcyon balanced pee valve (always flushed with vinegar and water after each dive)
-Apeks high profile exhaust valve
-Cut to accommodate XM450 undergarment or equivalent

I am 5’9 1/2 and was about 175 when I was measured for the suit. I’m around 165 now and waist is 32”. I don’t have the original measurements but I can have someone measure me and will post those. I believe the cut is reasonably close to at stock medium.

I am located in Somerville, MA. If you are local you are welcome to stop by and try the suit on. Will ship anywhere at buyer’s expense. I am looking to get around $1500 for the suit. Considering I paid close to $3700 altogether, I think that is a fair price. Will take cash or PayPal for payment (as gift to avoid fees or buyer pays fees).

Please PM me if you are interested, have questions, want additional pictures etc.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1314.jpg
    IMG_1314.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1315.jpg
    IMG_1315.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1317.jpg
    IMG_1317.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Open to reasonable offers. Re: fit - per DUI the suit is close to a stock medium with a little bit taken out of the arm holes for the cave cut. Should fit someone 5'6" - 5'9"ish/150-165ish. Also, will obviously include the bag that came with the suit.

$1400? I am willing to accept returns within 7 days of receipt if it doesn't fit. Buyer would be responsible for return shipping and suit would need to be in same condition as when shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom