DUI silicone wrist seals do not lock in properly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdwypro

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have less than a year old FLX Extream I cannot get the new silicoln zip wrist seals to lock in. Seems to get it most of way and it will not lock completly. Lots of money not to be able to use em. Mike in cave country FL. Two of us tried for couple hours. No problem with silicone neck.Reistaled latex wrist will not trust silicoln wrist locks. SOMEONE HELPPPPP

---------- Post added December 4th, 2012 at 10:11 PM ----------

Need tool to install silcone seals. I used a plastic spatchala and pushed up on a lip that is not on latex. You cannot just snap silicone wrist seals in like latex or dry gloves. DUI acted like I am only one having problem.(no quick change on boat). They need to give proper instuctions and a tool. If Dui wantsme to design one let me know. Took two days and a couple phone calls and I figured it out by accident. I even tride stiffining yhem by putting seals in freezer. DUI give us instructions,

Hi mdwypro,

Just saw your post. It is possible to have someone at DUI give you a phone call? You can private message me this information or email to Kathy@DUI-Online.com. This is so that more information can be exchanged.

I will send this issue to the factory and post what I get back.

Thank you,

Kathy

I tried a pair of the silicone seals at a DUI demo day and loved them but I had issues putting them in as well, tried using spit and soapy water and still couldn't get them to fit. I then noticed that some of the molding was still clogging the zip so I removed it and they fit just fine. A few other people had the same issue. Maybe this is the "lip" you are referring to? The zip itself should look just like the one on the latex seals. Keep in mind too, the silicone seals were only designed for suits made in mid-2009 onward.

So in short make sure there is no molding left, that the zipper is clean, then use soapy water and they should snap right in. No special tools needed unless something is wrong. I did not try the neck, just the wrists.

Just following up my initial post on the silicone seals. DUI was all over this on customer service. I ended up sending my suit back to the factory. (I have not received it back yet (I belive that's true yes?). They were able to get the silicone ZipSeals installed. At this point not exactly sure what the issue was but everything looks good to go. If there is any other company out there with this type of quality product and with this service let me know because I will use them too.DUI must have contacted me 4 differnt ways and realy showed concern. I will follow up with final install procedures from DUI. P.S. Small world Charlie Brown when it comes to diving.Happy LUV DUI, FLX EXTREAM (Custom):)

i HAD PROBLEMS ALSO changing mine. i used a little silicone oil and they went right on. another time i used some cooking oil and it worked well also. they have to seat fullin into the grove or else they buckle up.

Back
Top Bottom