DUI Thinsulate 200g jumpsuit got a big ole butt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTiger

Contributor
Reaction score
I was trying on my new DUI 200g Thinsulate jumpsuit today and my wife started laughing and singing Sir Mix-a-lot's "Baby Got Back" -

Oh, my, god. Becky, look at her butt. It is so big.​

My jumpsuit has a HUGE butt - basically a lot of extra material below the rear elastic waist band. I could tuck the extra material up under the waistband, kind of like tucking in the telescoping torso. It then looked fairly normal.

Does this sound familiar to anybody? It just seems strange. Thats a lot of extra material.

Thanks
David - who doesn't really have a big ole butt

The "big butt" is normal in the Thinsulate jumpsuit. Thinsulate does not have any stretch to it, so DUI adds extra material to allow the diver to have full freedom of movement. Without the extra material you would not be able to bend over very far, or tuck and roll in your drysuit. I will admit that it does look a little odd!

I took mine to a tailor to remove a lot of the extra, but it still doesn't fit right. I ended up switching to a Pinnacle undergarment. It fits me as well as the DUI TLSse, without all the useless bulk.

Igodeep is exactly right. which is why I prefer dui's polartech powerstretch 300. fits snug like a wetsuit and gives full range of motion.

Back
Top Bottom