Dui Tls-350?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElectricZombie

Contributor
Reaction score
I was taking a look at this dry suit on the DUI webpage, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I'm hoping that some of you guys actually own one of these and can share some of your experiences with the suit. Seems like I remeber reading that George Irvine uses this particular model.

I would be using this suit here off the coast in NC and possibly for some cave stuff later on.

Thanks

Yep, I've had one for about a year and know several others who have them. Almost all cave dives for me although I have had it on a couple of wrecks.

It's a very well fitting, well made suit with not too much extra bag like some models out there. The Telescoping torso allows a much closer fit.. assuming you get the right size to begin with....

Only problems I've had with mine are a bad dump valve that was replaced by DUI very quickly (if you get one do NOT get the low profile dump, specify the other slightly higher profile model) and a few minor leaks that I haven't had the time to mess with.... they're probably my fault anyway...

If you are doing a lot of wreck diving in NC also check out the CLX suit. It's the same as the TLS but has an outer layer of cordura. It's much tougher (thus a bit less flexible) but has the same cut.

DSAO!!

ElectricZombie once bubbled...
I was taking a look at this dry suit on the DUI webpage, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I'm hoping that some of you guys actually own one of these and can share some of your experiences with the suit. Seems like I remeber reading that George Irvine uses this particular model.

I would be using this suit here off the coast in NC and possibly for some cave stuff later on.

Thanks

Been using my DUI 350 for last 9 years here in the Great Lakes. Well worth the money and have had no problems with the suit at all. Depending on the temp, just change the thickness of the undies. One thing, found most leaks on the purge valve is due to bits of debris, but very easy to take apart and clean. I do a lot of wreck diving and have had no problems with holes or tears.

I’ve had a TLS350 for about three years and love it. I bought it about 18 seconds before EE announced their “Cave Cut” TLS350 which, if I could do it all over again I would have loved to have gotten. As it is mine has the “Hefty Bag” fitting style, which is the only complaint about the suit I have.

If you’re going to order one from your LDS, ask for the Cave Cut. They’ll give you a deer in the headlight look, at which point call up (or better yet, go to) EE and order one from them.

Roak

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like the suit is plenty durable for my needs. About the coldest water I will get in is around 40 - 50 degrees so, this suit with the appropriate undergamets should be fine.

Cant say ive ever used that particular suit, but i only dive DUI, they make, IMHO, the best drysuits available.

I have a DUI 350 and 450 plus an old viking pro. For caves I prefer the 350,450 and the pro in that order. Reverse the order for wreck diving. Likes on the DUI are the self entry and the comfort. Dislikes are the boots, both DUI's have turbo soles.They are just not as comfortable as a one piece vulcanized boot. swimndive

Can someone pass along the DUI website url, with all this drysuit talk I have to check these out.

TIA

The DUI website is: www.dui-online.com

I've had a TLS 350 for 3 years. Great suit. Got it full custom, specifying 200G thinsulate as my insulation. The fit and range of motion are great. Came with rock boots, and these are nice for beach dives. Have the low profile exhaust, and no probs so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom