DUI TLS350 and "foot protection"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got to dive the suit yesterday for two quick dives. I need to get a bolt for my pee valve (which I didn't know was necessary) and a couple of other minor details but overall the suit worked well. I definitely got wet (my neck seal burped in the water once and I got wet) but I was still a whole lot warmer than diving in a wetsuit. I'm planning to get the neck gasket replaced and probably put the "quick change ring" thing in there as well. I am undecided on dry glove cuffs so I'll hold off. I believe I can actually do either of those mods DIY but I'm going to do more research first. The socks weren't as bad as I expected. I wore a pair of thin liner socks and had my 7mm wetsuit booties on over them and it worked out reasonably well without my feet being too cold. For now I think that will suffice, especially when I figure out how to keep all the water out of the suit. The wetsuit booties actually worked out quite well as shoes so I won't even worry about getting "better" foot protection for now.

Thank you all for the advice.

I bought my drysuit this spring and still haven't dived it but I'm hoping to soon and started reading threads to find out a bit more about footwear. Obviously the suit has socks on it, but I don't have any turbosoles or anything like that.

I had just assumed I could dive the suit without any "overshoes" but then started thinking I don't really want to walk around on the socks and potentially wear holes in them so now I'm thinking I need something.
I was thinking I could probably get away with wearing a pair of converse sneakers over the socks and then put fins on them, since I've heard of people doing this.

I currently have one pair of fins that I wear with wetsuit booties but I'm not sure whether or not they'll be big enough to accommodate even larger footwear. I wear size 12 shoes and have no idea how much larger a pair to buy to still fit with drysuit socks rather than standard socks.

What have your experiences been with regards to buying new footwear to go over your drysuit socks? How about fins, have you had to replace those in order to fit boots in them as well?
The only way I've found to buy anything wrt my drysuit ( I've been fin shopping) is to lug it into the store and put a leg in the suit so that you can try on shoes/ fins with the suit.
Anything else just ends up with tons of returns in my experience.
For socks, I use smart Wool. it's thin yet very warm and wicks sweat,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom