DUI Zip-Seals Save the Day!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan The Man

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On Sunday morning I was packing up my gear for an afternoon dive on the Lois Ann (2 Tank, Yukon). As I was folding up the drysuit, I discovered that my neck seal had ripped. :11:

Ordinarily, this might mean that it was time to get the wetsuit out of the closet... But not for me! I zipped on a new neck seal gave it a quick trim and I was good to go in 15 minutes!

Those DUI Zip-Seals are great, they saved the day for me. :D

--Dan

Dan The Man:
On Sunday morning I was packing up my gear for an afternoon dive on the Lois Ann (2 Tank, Yukon). As I was folding up the drysuit, I discovered that my neck seal had ripped. :11:

Ordinarily, this might mean that it was time to get the wetsuit out of the closet... But not for me! I zipped on a new neck seal gave it a quick trim and I was good to go in 15 minutes!

--Dan

I tore one last year, and shortly thereafter moved to zips. What happened to it? Caught in the zipper of the dive bag? Something packed on top? Just old? I'm curious. My rip was the result of a jagged edge I nursed along for about a year that finally gave way.

SO... how was the Yukon this weekend?

K

Dan The Man:

--Dan

Now imagine that instead of finding it ripped in your closet, you find it ripped during a dive trip in BC, and you don't have your wetsuit. Zip-seals rule!

Mo2vation:
I tore one last year, and shortly thereafter moved to zips. What happened to it? Caught in the zipper of the dive bag? Something packed on top? Just old? I'm curious. My rip was the result of a jagged edge I nursed along for about a year that finally gave way.

SO... how was the Yukon this weekend?

K

I'm not sure exactly what happened to it. I had close to 100 dives on it, but it should have been good for many more... The most likely explanation that I can think of is that it got snagged on the drysuit hanger.

The Yukon was a little murky (10ft vis or so) so we stayed inside the wreck for the entire dive where vis was closer to 30ft. Also recovered a mini-q-40 dive light, mask & snorkel, and weight pouch, so the treasure hunting was good.

--Dan

Next time I have a problem I will probably switch to Zip Seals. A couple months ago my neck seal ripped from top to the glue line. Duct tape saved the day. It stuck & it didn't leak. But a fresh seal would have been much better.

Dan The Man:
Those DUI Zip-Seals are great, they saved the day for me.

I am glad to hear that someone finally has a report on these. They sound great but I have not heard from many using them. If anyone else out there has anything to say on the subject, it would be great to know if these are as good as they sound.

Back
Top Bottom